For replacing the missing teeth, a treatment option that is very common is dental implants. The functioning and comfort offered by the denture needs to be good. For this purpose, the stabilization of the denture is possible with the use of implants. To avoid plaque and destructive bacteria, a regular cleaning of the implant is necessary so that it can stay for a longer time. A number of efforts and techniques are needed for this. But because of these the tissues near the implant can get infected. In this situation it becomes necessary to give importance to the role of a dental hygienist. The implant’s success depends on the recipients also. They need to be careful while using it. Now I am going to tell you how to keep your dental implant hygienic and clean.
1. Brush your teeth with a soft nylon brush – You have to use a different toothbrush after undergoing this procedure. Gentle and pliable bristles are present in nylon toothbrushes. During this treatment, some areas of your mouth become hard to reach. Clean those areas with a Proxabrush. If hard bristles are present in a toothbrush then don’t use it. The implant’s surface can get scratches with these. When undergoing the treatment don’t use metal instruments of any kind for cleaning purposes. Rather, it will be good for you to regularly brush and floss two times in a single day.
2. Don’t use abrasive products – At the time of this treatment purchase only those cleaning items that are sensitive. The items can be a mouthwash or a toothpaste. Your discomfort level can increase if you will use abrasive products. The uncomfortable feeling can increase if you will eat cinnamon or mint which have intense flavors. So, always avoid these.
3. Floss your teeth daily – When undergoing this treatment, it becomes very important to do flossing. The reason can be to avoid accumulation of plaque. Several issues of oral hygiene can occur because of this. So, it is very important to floss daily when you are undergoing this procedure. If you want to avoid forgetting it then do the following things:
- On the phone set a reminder
- In your purse or car always keep floss
- Whenever you floss, reward yourself
- At the time of watching TV, do flossing
4. Don’t take foods that are hard and sticky – Your implants can get damaged if you will eat foods that are hard and sticky. The opposing teeth can also get damaged because of these foods. When undergoing this procedure don’t eat a number of foods:
- Crusty bread
- Potato chips
- Hard-shell tacos
- Hard candies
- Dried fruit
For keeping your teeth healthy at the time of the treatment, avoid foods of these types.
5. Don’t take alcohol and don’t smoke – In general also, your health can remain good if you will avoid alcohol and smoking. At the time of undergoing the treatment don’t take these substances. After the procedure, the healing takes 6 months. It can be detrimental for you if you smoke at this time. The healing process can be slowed down after drinking alcohol. So, try to avoid this.
6. Visit the dentist regularly – For improving your smile, you can get a lot of help from dental implants. But issues of dental hygiene cannot be cured by these. Here, it becomes necessary for you that every year you visit a dentist two times. The procedure can be successful if you visit a dentist regularly, so that he takes proper care of your teeth.
7. Some tips for immediate aftercare – During the procedure what steps will you follow so as to take care of your teeth? After the procedure do the following things:
- Use sponges for controlling the bleeding.
- An elevated position of your head without any body part movement is necessary after the surgery for at least 8-12 hours.
- After every 15 minutes, give relax to your face by applying an ice pack on it.
- Take beverages and soft foods only, for the first day after the procedure.
- Take medicines which your dentist recommends.
- Don’t rinse your mouth for the first day after procedure.
If I suffer from a dental problem then I will visit the dentist near me. He has specialization in providing the dental procedures that are latest.